Carlos H. Arce focuses his practice in health law, complex civil litigation, and personal injury protection.
Carlos is a native of South Florida. He was born and raised in Miami, Florida. Prior to becoming an attorney, Carlos worked for a large primary care physician group in South Florida focused on Medicare/Medicare advantage, geriatric patients and family practice. His experience in the South Florida medical community has been a tremendous benefit to his legal career.
Carlos received his Bachelor of Arts in History and a Minor in Communications from Florida International University. After attending FIU, Carlos attended law school at Nova Southeastern University where he received his Juris Doctor and was awarded a Concentration in Health Law.
Carlos began his legal career as an associate at a personal injury defense firm where he gained knowledge and experience in civil litigation matters. He also handled and continues to handle healthcare regulatory issues and HIPAA compliance issues for various large healthcare entities.
Carlos specializes in the following areas: healthcare regulatory compliance issues, privacy and data breach, telemedicine, corporate healthcare, healthcare fraud and abuse, private insurance audits, Medicare/Medicaid fraud, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues, healthcare mergers and acquisitions, private equity merger and acquisitions, personal injury protection, commercial real estate transactions/litigation, and complex commercial litigation.
Carlos has represented small to large healthcare entities in a general counsel capacity, in various business transactions, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters. Carlos has also represented commercial clients in real estate matters, business disputes, complex commercial litigation and corporate advisement.
Carlos is a member of the American Bar Association, the Cuban American Bar Association, the Broward County Bar Association, the Palm Beach County Bar Association, and the Republican National Lawyers Association. He is involved in the Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar, the Florida Bar Health Law Section, the Health Care Compliance Association and the America Health Lawyers Association.
Carlos is admitted to the Florida Bar, the District of Columbia Bar, and the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Florida.
Carlos is married to his law school sweetheart, Aimee, and they reside in Lighthouse Point with their son, Thomas.
- B.A. in History – Florida International University
- J.D. – Nova Southeastern University
- Member of the Florida Bar
- Member of the District of Columbia Bar
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
Honors & Awards
- Concentration in Health Law – by Nova Southeastern University
Professional & Civic Activites
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Broward County Bar Association
- Member of the American Health Lawyer Association
- Member of the Cuban American Bar Association
- Member of the Health Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Young Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Republican National Lawyers Association
- Member of the Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Inmunidad legal para quienes desarrollan y distribuyen vacunas contra el COVID-19
- El futuro del plan de salud “obamacare”
- No llegaron a hacerse prueba de Covid-19 pero recibieron cuenta del hospital
- How Florida’s New Controlled Substance Regulations Impact You
- Medical Practice Policies and Procedures and Why You Need Them
- Cybercrime and It’s Effect on Your Medical Practice
Related News & Posts
Medical Practice Vulnerabilities during COVID-19: Cybercrime
The New Medicare Fraud - MRA Scores and Medicare Surplus Payments
How Florida’s New Controlled Substance Regulations Impact You
More articles from Carlos H. Arce