How Much Is My Rideshare Accident Claim Worth?
From your repair bills to your medical expenses, your accident-related costs can add up quickly. As this tally grows, it’s not just your financial future at stake; mounting debts can also take a toll on your emotional wellbeing. During this difficult chapter of your life, getting concrete answers to your questions can go a long way toward alleviating your stress levels.
Understandably, claimants are often curious regarding what their claims may be worth. While no Uber of Lyft accident attorney can ever guarantee a specific outcome in your case, the lawyers at Lubell Rosen, LLC can assess your circumstances, conduct a thorough investigation, and estimate the value of the damages you have incurred.
Below are a few factors we may consider:
- Lost Wages: If you had to take time off work—either to let your injuries heal or because your condition prevents you from doing your job adequately—you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages. In the event that you suffered a permanent injury or disability, your lawyer may consult with an economist or other financial experts to determine whether you could seek compensation for loss of future wages, too.
- Extent of Your Injuries: In most scenarios, serious injuries or permanent disabilities tend to warrant greater financial awards as victims are expected to incur more medical costs and experience increased levels of pain and suffering compared to those with relatively minor conditions.
- Non-Economic Damages: If your case meets the serious injury threshold, you can seek compensation for non-economic damages like pain and suffering. Your attorney may advise you to start a personal injury journal to help prove the extent of such losses. He or she may also consult with a medical expert to get a better sense of the symptoms you are experiencing.
- Your Own Liability: In many situations, the other party or parties may be entirely responsible for causing your injuries. As such, they would be held liable for 100 percent of the damages stemming from the accident. However, this is not always the case. It’s possible that you may be held liable for some of your losses. For instance, if you were speeding at the time of the wreck, the insurance company may assert that you were partially at fault, and your financial award may be reduced by your share of fault.
- The Available Insurance Coverage: If the accident was caused by a rideshare driver who was on the clock at the time, it’s likely that your damages would be covered by the rideshare company’s $1 million insurance policy. However, if a pedestrian or another motorist caused the crash, your lawyer will have to investigate their insurance coverage as well as other potential sources of compensation.
Speak with an Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer Today
If you were hurt or lost a family member in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, contact Lubell Rosen, LLC for legal guidance. Schedule a free consultation by calling (954) 880-9500.