The possibility of facing a medical negligence lawsuit is an unfortunate reality for healthcare providers in almost every specialization. If you are currently facing legal action or if you do not have insurance and are looking to retain a medical malpractice defense lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, our AV-rated attorneys can help.
You may already be aware of the benefits of “Going Bare,” which is to practice without medical malpractice insurance. Multiple studies show that healthcare providers who Go Bare are less likely to be sued since plaintiff’s attorneys know that the odds of collecting a judgement on behalf of their client is lower. And when these lawsuits are filed, plaintiff’s attorneys tend to be more willing to negotiate.
Also, more than half a dozen medical malpractice insurance companies have filed for receivership or bankruptcy since 2015. Their policyholders believed they had made a wise investment by purchasing coverage, but many ended up having to cover their legal defense fees out of pocket.
Going Bare: An Alternative to Medical Malpractice Insurance
At Lubell Rosen, we offer an alternative to purchasing high-cost, unstable insurance coverage. Doctors throughout Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, and all of Florida have opted for our Going Bare legal defense services.
For most specializations, the cost of our Going Bare defense services is far cheaper than medical malpractice insurance. By Going Bare, you can enjoy potential cost-savings while having peace of mind that if you are sued, you will have a team of highly experienced medical malpractice defense attorneys in your corner.
We represent physicians of almost every specialty as well as nurses, chiropractors, podiatrists, physician assistants, nursing homes, long-term care facilities, and hospitals.
Types of Medical Malpractice Defense Cases We Accept
If you are facing a medical malpractice lawsuit—no matter the circumstances—our team can review the facts of your situation to find out how we can help defend your personal, professional, and financial future. Some of the common cases we handle include:
- Misdiagnosis: When a patient finds out that they were misdiagnosed, they often assume that the error was due to medical negligence. But as all healthcare professionals know, a misdiagnosis can occur even when all standards of care are followed. Our team can review the circumstances surrounding the misdiagnosis and build a defense strategy tailored to your unique situation.
- Late Diagnosis: Just like misdiagnosis, a late diagnosis can happen for a number of reasons, many of which are entirely out of the doctor’s control. We have extensive experience representing healthcare providers who were facing lawsuits due to late diagnosis.
- Childbirth Injuries: There are many types of cases that fall under the umbrella of childbirth injuries. When facing a lawsuit of this nature, it is important that you work with a defense attorney who is well-versed in the particulars of your case. Our law firm has extensive knowledge of childbirth injuries, the relevant standards of care, and the best strategies for defending against these lawsuits.
- Medication Errors: If you are being sued for prescribing the wrong medication, incorrect dosage, or another medication error, our lawyers can review your case and help you determine the most strategic way to proceed.
- Surgical Errors: Just because a surgery is unsuccessful does not mean the doctor was negligent. Also, there are a number of parties who could be liable for these errors or who could share liability.
- Anesthesia Errors: Anesthesiologists are some of the most frequently sued medical specialists. These cases often involve wrongful death or long-term disability, which means judgments in these cases can be substantial. Anesthesiologists must take steps to protect their future, which is where our medical malpractice defense attorneys in Fort Lauderdale can help.
- Other Types of Cases: Even if your specific type of case is not listed here, there’s a good chance our medical malpractice defense lawyers can help.
Discuss Your Needs with a Medical Malpractice Defense Attorney in Fort Lauderdale
Whether you want to discuss our Going Bare defense services or you need immediate help defending against a lawsuit, you can trust the lawyers at Lubell Rosen to provide reliable advice and exceptional representation. Call (954) 880-9500 to set up a consultation.