How the collection process works
Lubell Rosen simplifies the entire process. From start to finish, we do almost all of the work, letting you focus on your practice. Here is a brief outline of how it works:
- Client signs contract with Lubell Rosen. For a copy of a sample contract, click here.
- We meet with you and/or your medical billing company to obtain a list of your unpaid and underpaid medical bills over the past 5 years.
- We analyze the data and calculate the amount owed on each unpaid and underpaid claim.
- We send out a “Pre-Suit Demand Letter”, pursuant to Florida No-Fault law.
- If the claim is paid, the full amount of the medical bill paid is paid to the provider. (We keep the interest, penalty and postage reimbursement).
- If the claim is denied or not paid within 30 days, we evaluate the case for suit. We file suit on all valid claims and serve the carrier with a summons and initial discovery demands. We lay out all court costs, at our sole risk.
- After the summons is served, we attend an initial “pre-trial” hearing. We are often able to engage in settlement discussions with the carrier at this time.
- If settlement cannot be achieved, we litigate the case, following up on discovery demands, taking depositions, and arguing relevant legal issues.
- If the case still hasn’t settled, we schedule and attend a summary judgment and/or trial, depending on the facts and issues involved in the case, bringing the case to final judgment.
- If payment is still not made, we issue a write of execution on the insurance carrier and garnish the funds.